Rental Displays Frequently Asked Questions
Renting a trade show exhibit is a cost-effective alternative and provides you the opportunity to “try before you buy.” Rental trade show displays are comprised entirely or partially of rental framework and components. Exhibitors can experience different types of displays without having to purchase, store, and maintain.
Custom rental exhibits are designed by expert designers and give exhibitors in need of a custom exhibit a more cost-effective option. Exhibitors sometimes choose custom rental solutions to augment their current exhibit assets. For example, if you own 20’ x 20’ exhibit, adding rental components can expand the exhibit without requiring additional storage or maintenance costs.
Off-the-shelf rental exhibits are pre-built which saves time and money for exhibitors looking for a fast rental trade show display solution. Renters choose from a selection of kits to find the right fit for their needs.
The process of renting a trade show display depends on if you are renting an off-the-shelf kit or a custom rental exhibit.
If you are looking to rent an off-the-shelf kit, first consult with an expert Nimlok dealer to choose the right rental display for your exhibiting needs. You will select a rental kit and purchase graphics for your display. Then, your rental hardware and purchased graphics will be shipped to your event. After your event is over, remove your purchased graphics from the rental hardware, disassemble your rental kit and return rental components.
Renting a custom exhibit is a similar but more consultative process. Nimlok’s team of experienced exhibit designers work with you to design an exhibit that incorporates a broad range of extrusion and laminate components, and may also include purchased components, depending on the needs of the exhibitor. Once you have finalized your custom design, your rental assets and purchased graphics will be shipped to you. We recommend that you hire an Installation & Dismantle team experienced in custom exhibit assembly and disassembly to handle your rental exhibit on the show floor. After your event is over, return components before the return deadline.
Rental trade show displays are a cost-effective and time-saving option for exhibitors looking for a fast face-to-face marketing solution.
- Reduces overall exhibit cost, as the exhibit is rented
- Faster turnaround times because the components are standardized
- Reduces storage costs as rental components are returned after use
- Perfect for first-time exhibitors unfamiliar with exhibit design options
- Good for the infrequent exhibitors in need of a onetime display
- Ideal for companies with exhibit needs that change from show to show
Since the cost of renting a trade show display is a third of the cost of purchasing, if you plan to use a rental display more than three times, it may be more cost effective to purchase. However, rental trade show displays reduce need for storage and maintenance. For this reason, some companies may rent more than three times. Evaluate your needs and resources to determine how many times you should rent.
It is important to take diligent care of your rental trade show display because you are liable for all damaged or lost rental parts.
Tips for maintenance and upkeep:
- Follow assembly and disassembly instructions provided with your rental trade show display
- Follow packaging instructions when transporting and storing your rental trade show display
- Wipe down all surfaces and remove purchased components and graphics from the rental items
- Thoroughly inspect display hardware for scratches, dents, and blemishes
- Make sure every rental piece is accounted for before returning your display